Sunday 29 November 2009

FASHION PHOTOGRAPHS AT LANGAR HALL


Photographs taken at Langar in March have recently appeared in fashion pages of magazines all over the world. The front cover of Mood Europe International trade magazine is a great version of the second picture here. The editorial brings tears to my eyes:
"Everything is British: from the location, Langar Hall elegant country house hotel near Nottingham, to the mood of the collections. From the Union Jack right down to the photographer himself who surprisingly and for the first time, is the designer himself
"I decided to take photos of where I stay when working on new collections. I adore this place. Its like a home for me and is perfect for creating a natural atmosphere, a kind of meeting beteen friends, having fun."
Amazing praise ! Those few words sums up Langar Hall as I know it. "Not posh" as Paul would say. And certainly not corporate.
Do look at the Paul Smith blog on his web site. It is inspirational. And if you are in Nottingham a visit to his shop, Willoughby House, will make you feel special. Even if you don't splash out on a new suit/dress, you might be tempted to treat yourself to one of the little Christmas presents.
I can't resist the socks !



No comments:

Post a Comment