Monday 4 October 2010

Historic Houses to visit


Chatsworth house and Haddon Hall, two sensational privately owned houses just 40 minutes up the M1 from Langar. Near them is National Trust's Hardwick Hall...I only know one elderly American lady who visited all three in one day. They are open some days in October when you can visit without the crowds.
You can bid at The Chatsworth Attic Sale auction on line through www.sothebys.com Register 24 hours before you bid.
For information bidnow@sothebys.com or phone 02072935000.
And 'No' I do not have any interest in Sothebys, I just love sales, bidding and memories of those special occasions. Of course you can take advantage of some of our special offers on rooms and stay at Langar Hall where there are a few stuffed birds. I mean real feathered birds in glass cases.
I went to the view with friends and neighbours Kent & Claire from Stubton Hall. Look at their web site www.stubtonhall.com it's one of the best.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I sneak a little look at your blog because I am thinking of starting one and the moment I click on your blog, my photo suddenly appears. Eek!

    ReplyDelete